Between the seasons of Summer and Fall, hair-frizzing heat waves can hit even the most fabulous girls. But don’t fret! Here are some amazing drink recipes, thanks to www.epicurious.com, to cool you and your besties down. Grab your Nanette Lepore Pink Daisies Dress and your favorite sunglasses, it’s cocktail hour!
First up, we have Key Lime Margaritas. Simple, cheap, and delicious! Here’s what you need:
- 1 Key lime (optional), quartered
- Kosher salt (optional) for rims of glasses
- 3/4 cup Cointreau or other orange-flavored liqueur
- 1/2 cup reposado tequila
- 1/2 cup fresh Key lime juice
- 2 teaspoons superfine granulated sugar (optional)
- Run a lime wedge (if using) around rim of each of 4 (6-to 8-ounces) glasses. Put salt (if using) on a small plate and dip glasses in salt to lightly coat rims.
- Blend liqueur, tequila, juice, and sugar (if using) in a blender until combined. Serve over ice (in coated glasses).
- 12 to 14 small mint leaves
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon superfine sugar
- 4 ounces club soda or seltzer water
- Garnish: Mint leaves, lime slices (optional)
- Muddle the mint leaves in a cocktail shaker with the lime juice and sugar. Add ice cubes to fill a shaker and pour in the club soda. Gently shake a few times to incorporate (remember: club soda is fizzy).
- Strain into a medium or tall cocktail glass filled with ice. Garnish, if desired.
Hannah is a Rent the Runway Rep at the University of Colorado Boulder majoring in Communications and Political Science. She serves as the Event Chairman of her sorority, Kappa Kappa Gamma, and has interned with various fashion & beauty retailers such as Betsey Johnson, Madewell and Yes To Carrots. She has a passion for all social media and an addiction to the world of fashion. When she’s not fully absorbed in school, party planning and fashion blogs, she is clumsily creating culinary “masterpieces” in her kitchen.
Hannah A. has 51 post(s) on RTR On Campus