If there is one thing I CANNOT live without…it has got to be avocados. The creamy taste of a ripe avocado pretty much makes my day. Anytime I can find a recipe that calls for some avocados, I am ALWAYS in. As soon as I stumbled upon Guacamole Bruschetta, I was already making my grocery list and hopping in the car. Big thanks to the blog Just A Taste for this AWESOME recipe!
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 6 min
- ½ loaf French bread
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tomatoes, medium chopped
- 2 avocados, medium chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Slice the French bread on the diagonal into ½” rounds and place on a baking sheet.
- Toast the sliced bread in the oven for 3 minutes, then flip each piece over and toast an additional 3 minutes.
- Remove the toasted bread from the oven and immediately rub with the clove of garlic (it works best to first cut a small tip off the garlic clove so that the oils will seep out).
- Brush the tops of the garlic-rubbed toasts with olive oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped tomatoes, avocado, onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper. Mix together gently making sure the avocado is well coated in the lime juice.
- Spoon a portion of the mixture onto each of the garlic toasts and serve.
All I have to say is YUM!!!!
Hannah is a Rent the Runway Rep at the University of Colorado Boulder majoring in Communications and Political Science. She serves as the Event Chairman of her sorority, Kappa Kappa Gamma, and has interned with various fashion & beauty retailers such as Betsey Johnson, Madewell and Yes To Carrots. She has a passion for all social media and an addiction to the world of fashion. When she’s not fully absorbed in school, party planning and fashion blogs, she is clumsily creating culinary “masterpieces” in her kitchen.
Hannah A. has 51 post(s) on RTR On Campus