Funds are low this time of year, but this is when we really need to slow down, relax, and rest up before we head back to school. Why not use what you already have around the house and make this a spectacular spa vacation? Use some of these tricks and start feeling pampered!
1) Put your bottle of lotion near your heater while you are in the shower. Warm lotion on your body after a hot rinse will feel amazing.
2) Take a bath surrounded by candles…this wasn’t meant to just be a scene in a movie! The flickering lighting and the smell of your favorite candles will be luxurious.
3) Make your own body scrub. Use one cup of brown sugar, one cup of raw oatmeal, and one cup of olive oil. Take your time to scrub down your dry body, then rinse it all away in the shower. You can also make your own face mask! Use the recipe listed here.
4) Sore feet after a long day of shopping? Take a tennis ball and rub your foot over it. Another idea…ask the boyfriend to rub them
5) Get a friend and do each other’s nails…go through all the steps that a salon would like soaking your cuticles and buffing your nails. It feels so nice to have someone else do it for you, but instead of paying you just return the favor!
Hayley is a junior at the University of Washington, studying communications, women's studies, and dance. She is co-captain of the UW Husky Dance Team and is active in the Miss America Organization. Hayley loves learning about the fashion industry and her and her mother's shopping motto is "if it fits us both, it's half the price!"
Hayley M. has 71 post(s) on RTR On Campus