Zooey Deschanel’s quirky tuxedo nails from this past Sunday’s Golden Globes has Us all talking. Nail art is nothing new, but there is no denying that it is on the rise. From a long Psych lecture to the red carpet, it seems like there’s room for the art of uniquely expressive nail design.
Here are a few nail trends on the rise that we at RTR recommend! You are one fifteen-minute DIY nail-sesh away from setting your own campus trends.
1. NEON: For the ladies who aren’t afraid to make a statement.
2. BALLERINA: Even though Black Swan was released back in 2010, classic nudes (pink, grey, lilac) are in.
3. SPRING: It feels like winter just started, but spring is right around the color. Buy a few brights and combine them for something heart-warming and organic.
4. OMBRE: Don’t worry, girls, ombré is still in. We are thinking bright blues and rich greens.
5. FRENCH MANIS: A two-toned twist on an old classic. The Frenchie never gets old!
What do you think of our recommendations? Have you done anything fun and inventive with your nails lately? Share with us in the comments!
Maeve was born in Howard County, Maryland, a farm-filled hometown tucked far enough away from DC and Baltimore to remain virtually unheard of. From ages five to seventeen, she donned a dweeby uniform five days a week and hadn’t the slightest idea who she was stylistically. At last, college arrived, and Rent the Runway guided the way through the previously unforeseen world of fashion.
Maeve has 19 post(s) on RTR On Campus