If you’re like me and love the occasional sweet treat of frozen cookie dough but don’t want to be unhealthy, then this is the recipe for you. I have made these Raw Cookie Dough Bites twice, now, doubling the recipe the second time because my family loved them so much. This great idea comes from A Dash of Compassion and it is definitely worth trying out! Not only are they delicious, but extremely simple to make.
2/3 cup raw (unsalted) almonds
2/3 cup raw walnuts
2/3 cup raw oat flakes (I used dry quick cooking oatmeal)
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 cup raw agave nectar (raw honey works, too)
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
3 tablespoons dark chocolate chips, coco nibs or raisins
1. In a food processor, process together the almonds, walnuts, oats, cinnamon and sea salt into a fine meal.
2. Add the agave nectar and vanilla and process to combine.
3. Add the chocolate chips, coco nibs or raisins and pulse to just combine (you don’t want to break them up by processing).
4. Scoop with a spoon and roll into cookie dough balls, placing in the freezer for an hour.
5. Eat the delicious creation you have made!
This recipe makes roughly one dozen cookie dough balls, depending on how big you make them.
Lizzy is a Merchandise Product Development major at the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising L.A. She is highly influenced by J. Crew, Ralph Lauren and Michael Kors and hopes to one day be designing and marketing fantastic fashions just like her icons.
Lizzy S. has 64 post(s) on RTR On Campus