As the summer heat as well as the occasional gross humidity come scorching in, every girl faces a dilemma in her make-up routine—meltdowns. Here are some simple tips to help keep your face looking fresh!
- At the heart of it all, change your skincare routine. Summer months call for a skincare routine targeted to more oil production. Use a cleanser that contains salicylic acid to combat breakouts and definitely remember to exfoliate a few times a week. Use a mud mask if need-be. If you have super oily skin, use an oil-free moisturizer. If you have normal skin, use a moisturizer that is a little more lightweight in consistency.
- Use a primer. Although some people see primers as just an “extra product” layering on top of their skin, primers are actually here for a reason, to help make-up stay on longer. I really like Laura Mercier’s Foundation Primer.
- Change your foundation routine. Even in spring months, sometimes I tend to reach for a moisturizing foundation. I love Bobbi Brown’s Skin Foundation for the transitional months. But once the summer months roll in, it’s time to switch to those oil-free solutions. For those who like the au naturel look, try the Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer. (The extra SPF it contains is a plus!) For those who want more coverage, try the Bobbi Brown Oil-Free Compact Foundation.
- Powder. Finish off your foundation routine with a good, oil-controlling powder. And make sure you put on enough of it! I love, love, love Dior’s DiorSkin Forever Compact. (Even though this is marketed as a powder foundation, I use this as a finishing powder during the summer months.) The oil control is amazing. It truly does last forever on your face!
- Use blotting paper. Instead of layering on powder when you feel like you need a touch-up, just try blotting your face with blotting paper. Building on powder when your face is already oily will only make it look worse. Blotting papers can easily be found at any drugstore.
- Occasionally spritz your face with a toner. My favorite one is the Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist. Loved by models and skincare fanatics worldwide, the Rosewater Balancing Mist is a must-have skin product. It is so refreshing and smells absolutely lovely.
Pantra Y has 15 post(s) on RTR On Campus