When it comes to this summer’s hottest trends, many have found themselves asking: “Can I really pull that off?!” Whether it’s that awesome new maxi dress from Rent the Runway or some cool neon floral jeans that just arrived at your favorite boutique…how do you decide if you can pull it off?! Besides having the [obvious] outer beauty and inner confidence to rock any style, I have come up with a few simple steps to follow when trying out a new look.
- Always try it on! You’ll never know whether or not you can pull something off if you don’t try on a few different styles of the same thing (example: maxi with straps, maxi with asymmetrical hemline, strapless maxi, different color neon options, etc.).
- Make sure it fits. The last thing anyone wants to see besides an ill-fitting outfit is an ill-fitting NEON outfit!
- Don’t worry about what other people think. You know that you are totally on trend, so ignore the comments from people who aren’t having their own fun with fashion! They should take a hint from you and try something new!
- Last, but definitely not least, ROCK IT! Throw on your new outfit, do your hair and makeup, walk right out the door and don’t look back! A girl who knows how to be confident in any outfit is a girl that any guy or girl wants to be around!
- Make new friends, but keep the old ones. Don’t be afraid to go vintage in your own closet. Something you thought was really weird just because your mom bought it for you when you were 12, doesn’t mean you can’t turn it into something awesome tomorrow!
Use these tips to try out your favorite summer styles, and don’t forget to visit the RTR website for inspiration!
Alicia D has 6 post(s) on RTR On Campus