You know all those times you want to add some height, but want to be casual simultaneously? Fashion has finally invented a new trend that can help every girl with this problem. THE HIGH HEELED SNEAKER.
Personally, when I first read about this trend in all of the fashion magazines, I thought they were crazy. I never thought it would catch on. Ever. I was wrong though, because the time has come where even I, Jacqueline, wants a pair of these sneakers.
It is clear I inherited the bad genes in the family. I am only 5’ 1” when my dad and mom are 6’1” and 5’6” – and no I’m not adopted. I have made it my goal in life to avoid looking like a midget. Sometimes being the petite girl is fun and all, but most of the time I just feel like I am the last to know when it rains. If you cannot relate to that feeling, I’ll fill you in (it stinks).
But back to the latest trend, it is a summer must have. Whether they are the wedged styler or platform, both give you that extra boost while keeping it summer casual. Both are trendy and fabulous. Although you can not wear them to every occasion, there are plenty.
- Shopping, every girl’s number one activity. Even if it is not around the city, you can impress anyone in these shoes whether it be at the mall, or a local shopping center.
- Even though we are not back at school, when the time comes, these shoes will definitely come in handy at the frat parties. Now when that annoying drunk boy spills beer on you, you do not have to worry about ruining nice heels, but you can still get the height from high heeled sneakers.
- A date (if you are lucky enough to have a summer romance). A casual summer stroll through the park, or the movies, or even a casual pizza date, these shoes will impress without looking like you tried too hard.
- A concert. Summer concerts are more casual than going to the opera, and the perfect occasion to feel good while still dressing down for the occasion.
- A casual night out with the girls. Self explanatory why this new trend would work perfectly for this evening.
Jacqueline G has 17 post(s) on RTR On Campus