I’m very big on doing the most minimal thing in order to keep yourself on-trend, whether that be wearing a printed scarf, changing your nail polish, or strutting around in a new pair of shoes. Sometimes it takes just one simple change to upgrade your whole look. It’s time to switch up those bright red lips for summer for dark muted lips for the fall. Dark lips were all over the Fall 2012 runways from Gucci to Etro. They were also spotted on the lips of many Hollywood celebrities during the MET Gala.
However, trying any trend can always be a little risky, especially with make-up. Dark lipstick can wash out your face if you don’t pick the right shade for your skin tone or it can look too tacky if you do not complement it with the right eye make-up. Here are some tips in order to make this trend more wearable:
- With this look it is important to start with a lip liner so that you can shade in your lipstick accordingly.
- I would recommend choosing a shade that has a hint of red for light and medium-skinned people like Chanel’s Rouge Coco in Rivoli. A shade that is too dark can literally take the life out of your face.
- If you use a redder tone lipstick, you could probably get away with going easy on the eyes.
- If you use a darker tone lipstick, you will need some color on your eyes. You could either go for a neutral palette just to give enough definition or you could go for a dramatic look with a smoky eye.
- Darker complexions could go for the deepest lipstick shades like Nars’s Lipstick in Fast Ride.
- If you are lipstick-shy, try going for a dark lipgloss like Nars’s Bougainville.
- Don’t forget to exfoliate and moisturize your lips before putting on any lipstick.
Pantra Y has 15 post(s) on RTR On Campus