No, this has nothing to do with E.L. James’s hit novel 50 Shades of Grey. In addition to my previous post on dark goth-like lips, the grey phenomenon also overtook the runways for Fall 2012–And what better way to reveal this sultry look than in the eyes? From Chanel to Armani Privé, the traditional brown smoky eye has definitely taken a modern upgrade. Not only has grey been used to create a smoky eye but also even just for a brightening effect with some highlighting at the inner corner of the eyes (as seen from Giambattista Valli) which makes this trend totally wearable.
Here are some tips:
- To avoid looking too dull, try going for shadows with some shimmer. Try Benefit’s Creaseless Cream Shadow in Skinny Jeans.
- This trend doesn’t require too many shades, so don’t overdo it.
- Pair it with a dark eyeliner, of course.
- To be subtly trendy, just try finishing off your normal routine with a dark grey liquid gel eyeliner like Sephora’s Glitter Eyeliner lining the bottom rim of your eyes.
- Don’t forget to apply an eye primer like Urban Decay’s Eyeshadow Primer Potion so that your color stays fresh all day.
- It is important to find a color that has enough pigment when applied because grey can look faded on some skin tones.
- If you are thinking of going for an all-over grey eyeshadow look, you should give your eyebrows some definition to avoid looking too washed-out (take note from Armani Privé pictured above).
Pantra Y has 15 post(s) on RTR On Campus