It’s a month or two into school now, and hopefully a lucky guy has caught your eye. With this said, it is definitely time to make moves and even if he does not have the courage to ask you out on a first date, you should highly consider asking HIM out. Here’s some good first date ideas to keep in mind.
- Movie Night. Who doesn’t like watching a movie, especially while cuddling up to someone else? This is the perfect way to have a relaxing night, while getting to know him. Especially if you are nervous, this is a good way to ease into talking, since if the movie is playing, you can definitely talk, but can definitely avoid awkward silences by watching. Movie night can be in his dorm, your dorm, or if your lucky enough, the actual movie theatre. Any will do, and any will be a perfect way to break the ice between you two.
- If you know your guy likes sports (which they probably do), invite him to have a friendly competition with you. Even if you are not the most athletic, he will definitely help you, and maybe even purposely lose to boost your confidence. If your guy is one of those super macho guys, definitely let him win (it will put him in a better mood and make your date that much more fun). Everyone loves a little friendly competition.
- If you REALLY don’t want to do any athletic activity, but you know he likes sports, invite him over to watch Sunday football with you. He’ll probably be watching anyway, and would love some company. He’ll also be really impressed that you know the big day for football is Sunday…
- If you feel like getting out after working hard all week, ask to go for a stroll or a hike. Depends where you go to school, but if a nature walk is out of the question, then even a stroll around campus or the park would be a casual way to get to know each other, while taking a nice study break.
- Get some coffee. This is more casual than getting lunch (and dinner) and is still a way to sit side-by-side and talk. It’s a very public place, and therefore much less “datey.” Coffee is always a safe bet, and if things are going badly, you will almost definitely run into someone that you know to take away the awkwardness.
These are some great ways to get the ball rolling, on a more casual scale. These activities are all great starting points to getting to know your crush better, and will hopefully lead you in the right direction. May the odds be ever in your favor!!
Jacqueline G has 17 post(s) on RTR On Campus