With summer rapidly approaching and temperatures rising, we can all use a few refreshments to make the heat more bearable! Whether you’re relaxing by the pool or having a get-together with friends, any of these watermelon inspired drinks will do just the trick. So grab your besties and get to mixing!
First, we have these fabulous Tequila & Watermelon popsicles. You’ll need:
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup watermelon juice (from about 1/2 a small watermelon)
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- Popsicle Molds
- Popsicle Sticks
Grab the girls and follow these simple steps:
- Combine water and sugar in a microwave safe container or glass measuring cup. Heat on high for 30 seconds-1 minute, and stir until sugar is dissolved and the mixture is clear. Set aside to cool.
- Roughly chop the watermelon. You’ll need approximately 3 cups of chopped melon to produce a cup of juice. Crush the melon and strain through a fine mesh sieve.
- Combine watermelon juice, sugar syrup, lime juice (and zest), and tequila in a small bowl or pitcher. Pour into popsicle molds, insert sticks & freeze until solid!
To go perfectly with the Watermelon and Tequila Popsicles,you and your gals can make some wonderfully refreshing Watermelon & Strawberry Lemonade! For those who have yet to turn 21, this recipe is perfect. And if you have, add in a bit of
your favorite alcohol of choice!
- 8 cups of cubed and seeded watermelon
- 1 cup of strawberries, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups water (or you could substitute sprite/7up)
The directions are pretty much self-explanatory, but make sure you have that blender handy! Combine all the ingredients and blend until smooth (depending on the size of your blender, you may have to do 2 batches). And a trick, if you cube the watermelon and freeze it ahead of time, it gives the lemonade a slushy feel!
If you want to go the extra mile, try making one of these Watermelon Kegs to go along with the theme!
I would LOVE to hear back from those of you who have made this, let us know how it turned out and what kind of drinks you put inside!
So grab your friends, your favorite boys, your Elizabeth and James Forces of Nature dress, and throw your own watermelon inspired bash! Enjoy!!